Friday, December 1, 2006

Stevie, Day 26/27 - Thrs/Fri, Nov 30, Dec 1

As usual, I was talking to Megan on the phone about Stevie. We talked about her puppy antics -- she has learned that she can repeatedly make her toys squeak, among other things -- and just the normal "dog stuff". The conversation went on with intermittent, "Stevie, stop it", "NO!", and "Come back here" thrown in. Then Megan's voice got kind of quiet, and she said, "Thank you." "Me?" I asked, "What for?" "For helping me get Stevie," she answered. She admitted she had been really terrified that for some reason, this whole adopting a (blind) puppy thing would not work out, that she wouldn't like Stevie, or that Stevie wouldn't bond with her. What really made her determine to adopt her in the end was that she couldn't bear the idea of Stevie ending up with somebody else. I understand that feeling... I know I feel that way about my IMPS poster boy, Newton, even though mine was after the fact.

Tonight Stevie decided to take on all the pillows on Megan's bed, all of which are 4 or 5 times bigger than she is. Megan was laughing hysterically as Stevie tugged, pulled and dragged those dangerous pillows from one end of the bed to the other. I've pretty much determined that I'll "have" to go visit again tomorrow. We're going to look for a "puppy sack" so Megan can tote Stevie around the house when she needs to keep her out of the way. Also, Stevie likes to sit on Megan's lap while she works on the computer, and Megan worries she'll fall off. Then, there's some hint that Stevie might "need" another toy...

More to come,
Ginger

No comments: